Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is the iPhone 3G that slow?....

Well, it isn't, at least not for me and I get 600 kbit/s UMTS (3G)
Well, maybe because I am not living in the US?
`
Who knows.

Anyway, blogger Rob Reed posted a video that compares the TV spot speed wih the speed of the US.

I can only say glad sometimes to not live there. It might be only in some hardware revisions as mine works fine no hiccups or anything....and then notice I have got one of the first 5000 (so first row sent to customers) over here.


Anyway here is the video, enjoy:




span style="font-size:78%;">Technorati Tags: ,
----
Wanna discuss this post? Then do it in my forum! :)
----
No more ICQ Support? Get active! Complain now!

4 comments:

ajh said...

Actually, it is because you live in Germany. I was just reading about that (though I don't recall where); apparently, Germany has about five years more development put into 3G than in the rest of the world. Hence, better speed and execution.

Tally-ho.

AJH

Nafcom said...

@AJ:

If that was the case how did they make it so fast in the AT&T road test? All fake?

Alina Kristall said...

???
I was thinking of buying an iPhone... but since I live in Peru maybe it won't work :(

Nafcom said...

@Alina: It will work since 3G has been started this year in Peru.

However I do not know who is the re-seller of the iPhone3G in Peru.

But I would suggest do not unlock it. I am in touch with somebody whose iPhone3G's SIM chip got killed by the unlocking. (Apple confirmed this in the forum).