Sunday, April 15, 2007

ICQ Xtra: Send free SMS to Israel!


ICQ 5.1 allows now to send free SMS to Israel!

For this you require to have a balence of free SMS. The default SMS balance is appearantly 14 and you can get more free SMS doing either:

1) Sending a SMS to yourself (if you are located in Israel), or

2) Receive SMS from Israel.

Both will give you 8 credits!

Funny thing is that the links at the bottom refer to (I suppose) wrong sites within the ICQ homepage tree.

It's possible to send free SMS to a few other countries and paid SMS to others using localized ICQ 5.1 clients




Technorati Tags: , ,
----
Wanna discuss this post? Then do it in my forum! :)
----
No more ICQ Support? Get active! Complain now!

5 comments:

blogsearch.sg said...

Did you submit your site at blogsearch.sg?

You can reach blogsearch by just typing blogsearch.sg in your browser window or click here

This is a service by bizleadsnet directory of web logs.

Nafcom said...

@blogsearch.sg :

Thanks but I saw that adding yourself to the directory is connected to subscribing a newsletter, something I am not interested in, sorry!

Jonas said...

Send a free, fast and reliable SMS for free to the whole world without any hassling or registration - Text-one-Free.com

http://www.text-one-free.com

Anonymous said...

How does ICQ pay for all this free SMS`s? Can I build a server and connect freely to SMSC and provide SMS to my users?

Thanks

Nafcom said...

@Anonymous:

Sorry, but I do not know. I do not work for ICQ. Please fill out and send a business inquiry to ICQ: ICQ business inquiries form