Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No Patchday but some new patches anyway

Despite the fact that Microsoft dropped the Patch Day in March, they have anyway released some nice patches:

March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update to improve compatibility. Among many there is also Opera listed.

Furthermore - as some of you might know - Windows XP X64 came shipped as included with Service Pack 1. Yesterday, Microsoft decided to release Service Pack 2 for Windows XP X64 and Server 2003.

Unfortunately it causes the UXTheme MultiPatcher to no longer work since it misdetects the OS now as Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2! :(


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
----
Wanna discuss this post? Then do it in my forum! :)
----
No more ICQ Support? Get active! Complain now!

2 comments:

Mr. Dew said...

I wanted to get Windows Vista 64bit actually. But I can't seem to find that in Singapore at all. I'm not sure about application support too. Do you know of a website that can tell me what game and what application is fully compatible with 64bit Windows Vista?

Oh, my calendar seems to have marked today as your birthday. Happy birthday to you! I hope my calendar isn't wrong or anything. ;)

Nafcom said...

@Mr Dew:

Well, the Vista Ultimate Premium has both - 32bit and 64bit in one (but too expensibe). I would recommend buying the SB (System Builder) version. No (bold) manual, no support by email/phone for free (2 calls) no nice boxes. But be careful, the SB version only has either 32bit or 64bit! (So choose the right one).

You can buy the SB version of Premium 64bit ffrom abroad (any language) and then download and install the full language translation (including system files!) using Windows/Microsoft Update in Vista (I have also installed 2 languages).

Application support is very good - see e.g. here.


You can also ask me or using the Vista Upgrade Advisor.

Most things are driver issues which you can check it advance.

Also great is Start 64 as a source! :)